Andrew Currie(312) 316-4494
- Recent graduate of Animation Mentor. Recipient of the Mentor’s Choice Award. Work featured in the school’s 2017 and 2018 Student Showcase, website, and social media.
- Experienced as a camera and layout artist specialized in previs, scene layout, camera work, and editing.
Animator, Run Totti Run (2019 - present).
- Short film project led by Pixar veterans, directed by Shad Bradbury. www.runtottirun.com
Cinematic Lead, Firaxis Games / 2K Games (2009 - present).
- Responsibilities: Cameras and layout for narrative and marketing cinematics; real-time cameras seamlessly integrated into gameplay; previs for cinematics and game design. Also: lighting, rendering, scripting, art direction, bug-fixing, editing, and compositing.
- Collaboration with programming, animation, art, and effects teams.
- Principal cinematic artist on award-winning XCOM series, with an average Metacritic score of 88, and on the upcoming Marvel’s Midnight Suns.
Shareholder and Artist, Sleepwalker Media, LLC (2009).
- Established a new company to create cinematics, animation, and previs for TV, film, and game clients such as Gearbox, Epic Games, and the US Army.
Cinematic Director, Cinematic Lead, Cinematic Artist, Midway Games (2004 - 2009).
- Shot cameras and laid out complex cinematic sequences in a wide variety of genres. Created real-time cameras using proprietary tools. Also: Previs, editing, lighting, rendering.
- As director: Designed cinematic style and art direction, created animatics, reviewed and approved shots.
- As lead: Acted as point of contact for the client, managed artists and production schedule.
- Titles: Blitz: The League (1 and 2), NBA Ballers (2 and 3), Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, Stranglehold, The Wheelman.
Animation MentorDiploma in Advanced Character Animation Studies, 2016-2018.
- Mentor’s Choice Award.
- Work selected for 2017 and 2018 Student Showcase.
- Featured on school’s website, social media pages, and promotional materials.
- “Peer Buddy” volunteer.
- Mentors: Nate Wall (Pixar), Dimos Vrysellas (Brown Bag Films), Drew Adams (Dreamworks), Ray Chase (Reel FX), Dave Burgess (Animal Logic), Sean Sexton (Dreamworks).
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.Bachelor of Science, Computer Graphics, May 2003 (With Distinction).
- Computer Animation Specialization.
- Dean's List each semester, Honors.
- 3.78/4.00 GPA.